[Before you start with the Household topics, make sure you have read the introduction.]
Q1: LIFE Visions (Choose Life)
TOPIC 1: SELF VISION
Session 1 – The Importance of Vision
“My people perish for lack of a vision.” (cf. Prov. 29,18)
1. Vision is important!
- Without a vision, without a direction, you won’t get anywhere.
- If you don’t know where you’re going, you will never get there.
- Goals begin with an overall vision.
2. It matters where you look.
- It matters where you set your eyes.
- Hebrews 12:1-2
“Let us lay aside every weight, and the sin which does so easily beset us, and let us run with patience the race that is set before us, looking unto Jesus the author and finisher of our faith . . ..”
- An Anecdote:
- A man is looking for his eyeglasses.
- Friend: Did you lose it there?
- Man: No.
- Friend: So why are you looking for it there?
- Man: Because the lighting is better here!
- Look at the RIGHT place, not the convenient one.
3. God has a vision for our world.
- It’s called God’s dream. (Some call it the kingdom of God.)
- In order to fulfill God’s dream, He gave instructions:
Love Yahweh your God
Cling to Him and obey His voice
For He has blessed you,
and made you His own
Let not your heart stray
Refuse not to listen
Be not drawn away
See before you is set
blessings and life, disaster and death.
The decision is yours
So that you and your children may live
Live in the love of Yahweh your God
(Paraphrase of Deuteronomy 30 )
Why is vision so important?
What do you think is God’s vision and how is it related to the 2012 theme: Choose Life?
How is your vision aligned with God’s vision?