Q1: LIFE Visions (Choose Life)
TOPIC 2: COUPLE & FAMILY VISION
[Make sure you finished both sessions under Topic 1 before moving on to this one.]
SESSION 1 – The Couple Vision
1. Just as we each have a personal vision that God has wired us for, He also has given us a vision as a couple.
- It is important to KNOW what the general and specific couple visions are.
2. The General Couple Vision: love and life (OR, bonding and babies!)
- Every married couple is called to love each other with intimacy and deep bonding.
- Every married couple is called to LIFE. Their love must generate life. They must be OPEN to life – physical life (in the form of babies) and all forms of life including contribution to society, serving people especially the poor, building up people with kind words, etc.
- The FRUIT of married/conjugal love is life in the form of a baby.
3. The Specific Couple Vision for you: an invitation to prayer and discernment
- God wants each couple to serve in a specific way.
- The couple must discern what that way is.
- This also includes the number of kids a couple is called to have, and HOW to space their family naturally.
What is God’s vision for a married couple?
What is God’s specific vision for you as a married couple?