Q1: LIFE Visions (Choose Life)
TOPIC 2: COUPLE & FAMILY VISION
[This is Household topic 4 of the year, make sure you have finished the previous topic before implementing this one]
SESSION 2 – The Family Vision
1. God has a vision for your family.
- Your family is the fruit of love between a married couple.
- Your family is FOR a particular purpose: to continue the couple’s life and love mission.
2. God’s plan for the family: 4 tasks (Familiaris Consortio # 17)
- Your family is meant to love each other.
- Your family is meant to serve life.
- Your family is meant to serve the Church.
- Your family is meant to serve the community/society.
3. There is the ideal family and then there are families that don’t follow the nuclear family structure, but which we see happening more and more in the world today:
- OFW families, single parents, divorced/annulled/separated/broken families
4. No matter how “broken” your original/blood family, there’s hope for restoration, healing and new life.
5. No matter how “broken” your original/blood family, you have a bigger family, the Christian family in Christ.
6. You must discern and pray about God’s specific vision for your family.
(See “The 7 Habits of Highly Effective Families” by Stephen Covey)
Reference: Familiaris Consortio “ON THE ROLE OF THE CHRISTIAN FAMILY IN THE MODERN WORLD” by PJP II (1981)
Are you clear about God’s vision for your family?
What areas do you feel God is calling you to work on?