Brethren, I am appointing our brother Cocoi Javier as European Mission Coordinator (EMC) effective Sept 1, 2017. As EMC, he is the Manila-based direct representative of the SG, helping oversee our life and mission in Europe.
His basic functions are:
(1) Work for the furtherance of our work of evangelization and family renewal in Europe.
(2) Coordinate and collaborate with the Continent Coordinator (CoC) for Europe and with the European Council (EC).
(3) Help oversee the work of Country Coordinators in Europe.
(4) Make occasional pastoral visits.
(5) Help resolve pastoral concerns and problems that need attention at higher levels.
(6) Help ensure life-giving fraternal relationships among leaders.
(7) Help pinpoint potential leaders and service heads for appointment by the SG.
(8) Facilitate the provision of resource persons for service in Europe from countries outside Europe.
(9) Gather important information on membership, finances, attendance, etc., for the appreciation of the SG.
(10) Advice the SG on any and all pastoral matters concerning our life and mission in Europe.
All our efforts are for the one purpose of furthering and strengthening our mission in Europe, for the glory of God and the good of our Church. We must remain united in heart and mind, in vision and mssion. We are all servants of our one Master Jesus. There is much work that needs to be done and can be done. Let us strive to give our all.
Please extend to our brother Cocoi the cooperation, respect and support you would extend to me. Thank you all.
“For to me life is Christ, and death is gain.” (Phil 1:21)