Dearest family and friends,
Greetings of Peace to you all. I composed this email way back on June 24, 2011, prayed hard for it and finally have the grace and mercy of God today to share this with you in print.
It was on May 14, 2011 (2 months + 2 days ago) that our dear daughter Chrys Eien Bravo (Cre-cre), at the age of 25, breathed her last after succumbing to acute leukemia. We were told by 2 blood doctors (hematologists) that such cases of acute leukemia attacks are so fatal that mortality rate, within 24 – 48 hours, is almost 100%. In Crecre’s case it was 28 hours.
In our sorrow and pain my family and I have to turn to God’s word for comfort and assurance that Cre-cre has claimed the “pearl of great price” and is now indeed with God for all eternity.
- Gospel for the day, May 14, 2011 : John 15: 16 – 17…. “16 You did not choose me, but I chose you and appointed you that you should go and bear FRUIT and that your FRUIT should abide;so that whatever you ask the Father in my name, he may give it to you. 17 This I command you, to love one another”.
- Since 2010, my family have started our devotion to the DIVINE MERCY and for quite some time we have longed that the DIVINE MERCY be enthroned in our home
- It was only on June 19, 2011 that I realized that the DIVINE MERCY enthronement date (June 22) falls also on the 40-th day death anniversary of Cre-cre. Was it pure coincidence? Maybe. But let us let God tell us if it was coincidental or not. God speaks to us in so many ways. This time He spoke to us in the Holy Scripture. Reading the Gospel for the day, June 22, 2011 I sincerely believe that it wasn’t coincidental. It was awesome, and I believe it was providential. God was in action. It was GOD who arranged those very significant dates. He was and He is always in control, when we just let Him be.
- Gospel for the day, June 22, 2011 : Matthew 7 : 16 – 20 …. “16 You will know them by their FRUITS.Are grapes gathered from thorns, or figs from thistles? 17 So, every sound tree bears good FRUIT, but the bad tree bears evil fruit. 18 A sound tree cannot bear evil fruit, nor can a bad tree bear good fruit. 19 Every tree that does not bear good fruit is cut down and thrown into the fire. 20 Thus you will know them by their FRUITS.
- As head of the family I am again reminded of my accountability to love… my family, my church, my community, and everyone and everything that God has entrusted to me.
- FRUIT(S)? The Scripture is the GOOD NEWS, it is GOD’s WORD, and the WORD is GOD… GOD has spoken, and His Words do not return to Him, without accomplishing His purposes… Those were 40 glorious days of the Lord.
- The KEY WORD “FRUIT” mentioned in the 2 gospels exactly 40 days apart is God’s faithful assurance that Crecre is now with our Lord in Heaven
- As our daughter, was Crecre a good fruit? By God’s mercy and grace she indeed was and forever is good fruit. From birth until her last breath, we saw her grow up and mature as a very good-natured, godly, obedient, friendly, selfless, diligent, etc. She was CFC(FFL) all the way : KFC, YFC, and finally SFL. She evangelized through her God-given talent in music, and as a loving daughter to us her parents, and a sister to her siblings and fellow SFLs.
- As parents, are we then good trees? Only God truly and completely knows. He alone is our ultimate Judge.
For both in life and death we belong to God, whose mercy and love endures forever..
Thank you brothers and sisters for sharing with us your strength through prayers and selfless giving and encouragements.
Sharing with you from my heart. That in all things God may be glorified.
God bless you all.
Diocese of Paranaque