FROM THE SERVANT GENERAL
THE FIGHT WILL INTENSIFY
November 26, 2014
Know that gay-rights groups will be actively working to promote their agenda leading up to the October 2015 Ordinary General Assembly of the Synod of Bishops. And know that they are quite skilled in pushing their agenda forward, with the support of liberal mainstream media.
What should we do? (1) Continue the work of massive evangelization. Many Catholics are not living their faith, and so are easily influenced by the world and its values. (2) Know our faith. Know why the homosexual orientation is intrinsically disordered, and the homosexual lifestyle is evil. (3) Speak out. The silent majority who are for family and life should not allow the small minority of aggressive homosexuals and radical feminists to dictate the agenda and spread their errors. (4) Encourage clerics and even bishops to speak out on Church teaching on human sexuality, and to confront the homosexual encroachment in seminaries, parishes, schools, etc. (5) Pray. We are in spiritual warfare. Satan’s goal is to destroy faith, family and life. His number one enemy is the Roman Catholic Church.
Gay-rights group targets US bishops in pressure campaign to influence Synod
Catholic World News – November 25, 2014
A leading gay-rights group is targeting several Catholic bishops, hoping to influence the results of the 2015 Synod of Bishops, the National Catholic Register reports.
The Human Rights Campaign has prepared a pamphlet encouraging activists to plan public events and distribute literature in order to put pressure on eight bishops, identified by the organization as the prelates “most outspoken in their rejection of LGBT Catholics, their civil rights and their rightful place in the Church.”
The pamphlet—which contains several factual errors, and claims that Pope Francis will announce “new doctrine” after the October 2015 meeting of the Synod– urges gay activists to make “the voice of the people” heard, demanding support for homosexual Catholics.
The bishops targeted by the Human Rights Campaign are:
- Archbishop Charles Chaput of Philadelphia, who will host the World Meeting of Families in September 2015;
- Archbishop Salvatore Cordileone of San Francisco, who chairs the US bishops’ committee on marriage;
- Cardinal Francis George, the recently retired Archbishop of Chicago;
- Archbishop Joseph Kurtz of Louisville, the president of the US bishops’ conference;
- Archbishop William Lori of Baltimore, who chairs the bishops’ committee on religious freedom;
- Archbishop John Nienstadt of St. Paul-Minneapolis;
- Bishop Thomas Paprocki of Springfield, Illinois; and
- Archbishop Dennis Schnurr of Cincinnati.
Additional sources for this story
Some links will take you to other sites, in a new window.
- In Synod-Related Effort, Homosexual-Rights Activists Target Eight U.S. Bishops (National Catholic Register)
* * *